Explainer: 601 vs. 601A Waiver

Both the I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility (Hardship Waiver), and the I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver (Provisional Waiver), are waivers used to adjust the status of an individual who is unlawfully in the United States, in the hopes they will be able to obtain a green card.